Who runs the Corps
The South Dublin County Volunteer Corps is a joint project of South Dublin County Volunteer Centre and South Dublin County Council. Both organisations have equal responsibility for the Corps – however, individual work is divided between both partners to ensure the smooth running of the Corps.
The Volunteer Centre has responsibility for:
- The Overall administration of the project including all communications with the Corps.
- Are Main administrators of Corps Database
- Administrators of Corps web presence including social media promotional tools
- Direct line managers of volunteers involved with the Corps.
- Responsible for initial reference checks of volunteers and other screening when necessary.
- Main contact for all projects involving the Corps
- Responsible for identifying and signing off on projects that will involve the Corps
- Recruitment of staff to work to work on project where funding is available